For a very long time I had an idea of organizing a basketball camp. For me it was a successful first international basketball camp in 2016. Throughout my basketball career in Slovenia and abroad I saw and attended different camps. However, there has never been a camp lead by a deaf person with a knowledge of professional basketball. Moreover, I would like to offer a fun and learning experience of sign language. There hasn’t been anything similar around the world therefore I believe it is the right time to do this now. I believe in my team and our set goals. Last but not least I would like to transfer my knowledge to our young generations and inspire them not just for basketball but also for a healthy lifestyle. Basketball gave to me more than I expected. I defeated many hurdles along the path. I guarantee you, you will get to know me better and that you will not just practice basketball but also have a lot of fun.
I am sure that our time spent together will go by fast and I would be honored and happy if you join me at the camp.
– From 1997 to 2000 I played basketball at Association of deaf and hard of hearing in Ljubljana which participated in the 3rd regional league.
– 2000–2006 Slovan Ljubljana, Slovenia
– 2006–2009 Union Olimpija, Slovenia
– 2009–2010 Trikala 2000, Greece
– 2010–2012 Spartak St. Petersburg, Russia
– 2012–2014 Türk Telekom, Turkey
– 2014–2015 Uşak Sportif, Turkey
– 2016– CSM Oradea, Romania
– 2016– Afyonkarahisar (Afyon), Turčija
Achievements with deaf national team:
– 2001 Deaflympics 2nd place
– 2004 European Champions
– 2005 Deaflympics 2nd place
– 2008 European Championship 2nd place
– 2012 European Champions
Achievements with Slovenian national team:
– 2010: World Championship in Turkey
– 2014: World Championship in Spain
– 2015: European Championship in France
In the 2007/2008 season I became the first deaf basketball player who played in the most prestigious basketball league in Europe, Euroleague. This happened on the 24th of October in Italy against the team Montepasci Siena.
In 2010 I was awarded by international committee of sports for deaf – Deaflympics as the best deaf athlete in the world. This was due to my good performances at the World Championship in Turkey, Russian basketball league and European Championship ULEB.
In 2010 I also received Bloudek’s award for important achievements in professional sports.
In 2015 I received an award called “Apple of inspiration” presented by Slovenian president Borut Pahor.
In 2016, I organized the first international basketball camp Miha Zupan 2016 attended were from five countries, from Spain, Austria, Slovakia, England and Slovenia. The total number of participants was 23 children, aged 8 to 17 years.
Hobbies: Bowling, Skiing.
Moto: Practice, work hard and you will succeed.