3rd INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL CAMP FOR CHILDREN FROM 8TH TO 17TH
(the 1st to the 7th of July 2018)
This year (2018) we will organize the third International Basketball Camp Miha Zupan which will be held in Ljubljana (Slovenia) from the 1st to the 7th of July 2018 and will host children from the ages of 8 to 17.
The Camp will be led by the world famous professional deaf basketball player Miha Zupan.
Participants will learn, practice and improve their basketball skills twice a day under Miha’s and other coaches’ supervision. Trainings will be planned in advance and adjusted to the kids’ basketball knowledge. Anyone who wishes to attend can participate, whether you are a skilled basketball player or completely new to this sport. We welcome deaf, hard of hearing and hearing kids as well, as they will also be introduced to the world of the deaf where people use sign language to communicate. As not everyone knows sign language, it will be taught through different games by our skilled staff. We believe there won’t be any problems with communication as basketball is not just a physical but also an abstract sport, and we are sure we will understand each other perfectly.
Miha Zupan will not only transfer his knowledge and love of basketball to our younger generation but will also help them to learn more about healthy lifestyle. In 2015 Miha received the award called the “Apple of Inspiration” from the Slovenian president Borut Pahor. He received this award for his selflessness, commitment, honesty and generosity throughout his basketball career.
Alongside Miha the participants will be taken care of by basketball coaches, teachers and carefully chosen volunteers.
This is a great opportunity for participants to meet Miha Zupan and his friends and at the same time to improve their basketball skills and learn new interesting things. Something to remember for the rest of their lives. We are also expecting applications from other European countries which will make our camp a great multicultural environment for all our participants.
Besides regular basketball with Miha Zupan, the participants will be involved in several other activities which will contribute to their well-being.
- Learning Slovenian and International sign language
- A trip to one of Slovenia’s famous sights
- Getting to know new sports
- Playing fun games
- Daily extracurricular activities and games
- A visit from one or more famous Slovenian sports persons
Price for a weekly programme at the Basketball Camp Miha Zupan
1st July to 7 th July 2018 (for children aged 8 to 17 years):
– Registration and payment by 14th of May 2018, 300 euro/participant
– Registration and payment by 11th of June 2018 (last day for registration), 350 euro/participant
– 6 day all-inclusive stay at the student home Fran Grm, Vojkova cesta 74, Ljubljana
– Sports equipment (headband, basketball uniform, T-shirt)
– 6 days of basketball training in an air-conditioned gym (90 minutes twice a day)
– Meals (5 times per day)
– Entrance tickets for swimming
– Daily laundry wash of sports equipment
– Use of conference room for meetings
– Tourist fee
– VAT included in the price,
– Family package (in case of two or more applicants from the same family we offer 20% discount to the second or next family member according to the time of application)
Please, read the terms and conditions carefully and fill in the application form below. In 48 hours you will receive a conformation email with additional payment instructions. For any further information please don’t hesitate to contact us via email email@example.com.
Participants will sleep in accommodation in student home Fran Grm, Vojkova cesta 74, Ljubljana
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By applying to attend the camp participants accept the following terms and conditions:
- Children aged 8-17 can participate in the camps.
- Each participant must have valid medical insurance (European medical insurance).
- Participants must not have life-threatening medical conditions or medical conditions that could deteriorate with physical activity.
- In case of allergies or special dietary requirements, participants should inform the staff prior to arrival to camp.
- Participants have permission to attend other planned activities (trips, swimming, sightseeing, etc.).
- Non-swimmer participants should inform the staff prior to arrival to camp.
- Each participant is responsible for his/her own personal belongings and valuable property.
- Basketball Camp Miha Zupan does not bear responsibility for accidents or injuries of participants during the camp.
- Basketball Camp Miha Zupan is obliged to ensure access to emergency medical care in case of injury or emergency medical conditions.
- Basketball Camp Miha Zupan may use and publish photos and videos of the participant at the camp.
- Participants cancelling within three days of the start of the Basketball Camp Miha Zupan will be charged a 45 euro administration fee.
- All participants are expected to maintain the highest standard of conduct and to follow staff’s rules and instructions. Participants who will not comply with the rules and policies of the camp will be dismissed from the camp without refund.
Head of Camp: Miha Zupan
Director: Miha Zupan, ZUMOone, d. o. o.
Marketing, organization, PR: Bojan Mord, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Coach: Miha Zupan
Assistants: Damjan Šebjan, Peter Potočnik Hönigsman, Klemen Javornik, Luka Žabot
Teachers: by schedule
Manager: Bojan Mord
Sign language interpreter: Tamara Grm
Media and Website media sponsor: Online portal for deaf and hard of hearing tipk.si
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where is the Basketball Camp located?
The Basketball Camp Miha Zupan is located in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
2. What are the dates of the Basketball Camp?
1st July to 7 thJuly 2018 (for children aged 8 to 17 years)
The minimum number of participants for the camp is 25.
3. Who can apply for Basketball Camp Miha Zupan?
Boys and girls ages 8 to 17.
4. Is there a limited number of participants?
Yes. The limit is 50.
5. Do you need to have basketball skills?
No. Anyone can apply. From beginners to more experienced basketball players.
6. Do you need to know sign language?
No. Anyone who wants to learn sign language will have the opportunity to do so in a fun way.
7. What is the refund policy?
Participants cancelling within three days of the start of the Basketball Camp Miha Zupan will be charged a 45 euro administration fee.
You are eligible for a full refund in case of documented medical reasons. In cases of withdrawal during camp on doctor’s orders, remaining registration fee may be refunded.